Google has released a new version of the Google Ads API. This is version 7.0, which is an update to version 6.1.0 released on April 10, 2021.
What is the Google Ads API
The Google Ads API allows you to programmatically interact with Google Ads accounts so that you can automatically enter reports into your own stack and / or create schedules to create ads, change bids or bid strategies, and more.
The API enables developers to interact directly with the Google Ads platform. Some features include…
- Automated account management
- Custom reporting
- Ad management based on inventory
- Manage Smart Bidding strategies
What is new in version 7.0
- New test account assets include tagged assets, structured code segment assets, and sitelink assets.
- Promotional assets can be used in production accounts and trial accounts.
- The API now supports Apple AKAdNetwork reports.
- Keyword Planner supports using annotation data to optimize keywords, select a custom date range for search volume, and request aggregated metrics to generate keyword and keyword ideas in the keyword plan.
- Manage bid strategies and campaign simulations
If you, your customer, or toolset vendor are using the Google Ads API, you can now explore more features in the API to get more work done more efficiently.
Check out the full release notes to see what additional features you can take advantage of or push tool vendors to make your day-to-day work as a search marketer easier.